Options

Hoping to take 70-640

Michael MoweryMichael Mowery Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan on taking 70-640 in the next month and was wondering what everyone thought was the best guides to study with? I have a good amount of experience with AD, but I know I will need more information than what I currently have. How long have been people giving themselves to study?

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I spent about six months getting ready for 640 once you understand AD it makes everything else in 2008R2 track much easier. As for guides Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed is the best book hands down thats out right now. The Sybex 640,642& 643 book is not to bad if you use it with the Unleashed book throw in Selftest for practice exams and use Technet along side Selftest and you should be good to go.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had no prior experience with AD. I used the MS Press book and Exam Cram for this exam, passed on the 2nd go. I bought the Self Test practice exams in addition to the Measure Up practice tests that came with the books, which helped me quite a bit.

With work and family issues I studied for almost a year, but I did this on my own, at night after work and on weekends.

DNS, Federated Services, and Certificate Services were heavily covered on the exam I took.

Good luck.
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Michael Mowery , if you're experienced with Active Directory in window server 2008 , it Depends on How many Hours you intend to dedicate for your preparation per day. In my opinion, If you'll have 4 hours per day for reading and labing this will be sufficient to finish all the objectives within 8 weeks, and maybe more or less.
    In this course is not only about active directory role , however you'll cover it from all prespectives, but also it will focus on the other roles related to it like DNS, AD CS, AD RMS, AD LDS and AD FS 2.0 and these will take considerable time to cover as they will be heavily targeted by the exam.