Options

WGU / Atlanta Area

Evening all (for us on the East Coast at least),

Two part thread here tonight. First part - I passed my WGU capstone! For those who do not know what this means - I now have a Bachelors Degree! WOOT!

On another note, for those WGU students here in the Atlanta area, I was selected to take a "Collegiate Level Assessment" (or something similar) through WGU. It sounds somewhat like an SAT; from what the assessment guy told me it was something WGU is doing to assess the school, compare it to other schools, etc. I suppose to see how they are doing compared to others. They are paying me $100 to take it, so, uhhhh, of course I'll help!

I just wanted to see if any other WGU students were offered the test (I think they are testing freshmen and seniors only, but I could be wrong). If so, I might see you at the testing site coming up. Wouldn't that be weird!? Small world after all!

Ok, too much celebration, more ROUTE studies..... ;)

Comments

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on graduating! I hope I can do the same at WGU next year.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GA definitely has a lot of WGU student representation....for a state of its size, it's not too far behind TX in terms of number of students:

WGU Alumni Community - WGU Announcements
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I was offered the opportunity to take that test as well. I declined. I would have done it if I was completely done with my classes. The thought of sitting in front of the webcam for a few hours wasn't worth the 100 bucks to me.:)
    WGU grad
  • Options
    I was offered the opportunity to take that test as well. I declined. I would have done it if I was completely done with my classes. The thought of sitting in front of the webcam for a few hours wasn't worth the 100 bucks to me.:)

Wow...I mustn't be that special.

I wonder what criteria one has to meet to even be offered this lunch money $100 would provide.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wonder what they are hoping to achieve out of this test?

Are we talking about this:

http://www.collegiatelearningassessment.org/
  • Options
    wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
    I wonder what they are hoping to achieve out of this test?

Are we talking about this:

Collegiate Learning Assessment

That looks like it right there. Not sure what they hope to get out of it... but I know what I'm getting :). I'll post an update on here after I take it.

Thanks for the gratz! Now I just have to wait for the actual diploma to get here!
  • Options
    PilotrebornPilotreborn Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats pretty interesting, let us know how it goes. Is there a regional WGU thread anywhere? I was curious who all is in the Atlanta area, small world :)
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Wow...I mustn't be that special.

I wonder what criteria one has to meet to even be offered this lunch money $100 would provide.

I'm guessing when they offered it to me they looked at who had completed their capstone recently thinking I had graduated. Which I have not. IIRC it wasn't 100 dollars, but a gift card from a few select retailers. When it was offered to me it was not just one test but maybe three with different subject matters. I just don't have the time or want to sit in front of the web cam anymore. If you go to a testing center it may not be so bad. If you really want to take it erp I can see if my mentor can shoot my invite your way if they haven't filled it yet.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took all three exams. I was just about done with my capstone when my mentor offered me to opportunity. I am all about $100 gift cards!
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Thats pretty interesting, let us know how it goes. Is there a regional WGU thread anywhere? I was curious who all is in the Atlanta area, small world :)

I'm in ATL, will be a one term graduation WGU-er next spring.
  • Options
    If you really want to take it erp I can see if my mentor can shoot my invite your way if they haven't filled it yet.

Oh so you got an invite through your mentor? If it's like that, I wonder if mine could hook me up too...I'm speaking to my mentor tomorrow so I can just ask him. I'm just shocked WGU wouldn't ask me either since we're both in the same boat (three classes away and we started at the same time.)

Mind you, it's not like I'm in desperate need of $100, but if it's free money, why the ---- not?! LMAO. That's free lunch or gas money...lmao.

EDIT: Just shot my mentor an email. My hope is that he'll do some digging on his end and will have something for me by our regularly scheduled chat tomorrow.
  • Options
    wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Oh so you got an invite through your mentor? If it's like that, I wonder if mine could hook me up too...I'm speaking to my mentor tomorrow so I can just ask him. I'm just shocked WGU wouldn't ask me either since we're both in the same boat (three classes away and we started at the same time.)

Mind you, it's not like I'm in desperate need of $100, but if it's free money, why the ---- not?! LMAO. That's free lunch or gas money...lmao.

EDIT: Just shot my mentor an email. My hope is that he'll do some digging on his end and will have something for me by our regularly scheduled chat tomorrow.

My invite was for a single test at a testing site, ATG near 285 and Roswell Rd. (same place I take my certs, so it works out). It was through the assessment delivery department; when I talked to my mentor today he had no idea what it was.
  • Options
    PilotrebornPilotreborn Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wrwarwick wrote: »
    My invite was for a single test at a testing site, ATG near 285 and Roswell Rd. (same place I take my certs, so it works out). It was through the assessment delivery department; when I talked to my mentor today he had no idea what it was.

That is so crazy man, that is where I do all of my testing and I live like 1 minute from there. I actually just got back from taco mac Thursday right by there :)