(ISC)2 is funny + A TIP!

grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, after about 3 months I've finally gotten around to getting my endorsement paperwork in. Yeah I know... *mumble*mumble* life and stuff. Today I got the email that they have all my paperwork and will be processing it, and that's where I found the funny. To wit:
If your submission includes a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If your submission did not include a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If you have not received a reply after 6 weeks, please email programs@isc2.org for further assistance.

LOL

Now for the tip! It turns out that I sit next to one of the SME's for the CISSP & CEH exams, who is also very active in the various ISC/ISACA/EC working groups. He was shocked that endorsements were taking as long as they are. Apparently all of his endorsements get turned around in a week or two. "Of course" I said. "You've got connections.". But "Nae, Nae!" he decried. He doesn't know anybody in the endorsements business at (ISC)2. -insert suspense... .... NOW-

Apparently the biggest hold up is that many of the endorsers simply don't take the time to document and verify the experience, so somebody at (ISC)2 has to do it. They, obviously, don't know you and have a stack of these things to do - so it can take much much longer to do. His advice: "your resume should document experience in a way that makes association to the CIB very easy. If you take the time to document everything, so that they don't have to dig it up, you should be finished within a week or two." Shocked... SHOCKED I was. If you spend weeks and months studying for an exam that is 6 fricking hours long you owe it to yourself to take the time to research and document the endorsement criteria in your resume.

I've heard of quite a few people getting hung up on the endorsement process. Don't be one of them!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The "six weeks" is just a ballpark figure. The actual endorsement process takes closer to 2-3 weeks depending on if there is any discrepancies in the paperwork.
  • WutWut Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine took almost 5 weeks. I am quite confident that my resume is organized and reflect experience related to CISSP domain though.
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah, it's just funny that 6 weeks is the ballpark figure if you have a qualified endorser. it's also the ballpark figure if you "don't" have a qualified endorser. it's also the cut off point at which you should call and start bugging them.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    The guys who taught our 2 week prep course said to add this information after each position on your resume:

Supervisor's name
    Company address
    Supervisor's phone #
    CBK Domain/Years being claimed in this position

I don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My endorser made recommendation on my resume to help speed up the process but it's been 4 weeks and I’m still waiting......
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Diggs3d wrote: »
    My endorser made recommendation on my resume to help speed up the process but it's been 4 weeks and I’m still waiting......
    ugg, that sucks. I think I got my scores back in about that same amount of time.

Thank you for joining (ISC)2... also known as PURGATORY!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    grauwulf wrote: »
    Thank you for joining (ISC)2... also known as PURGATORY!
    I think you need to start your next cert to take your mind off the wait. ;)