Options

new guy here

alpha6romeoalpha6romeo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
just found this site a couple of days ago. looks like a great place for info. and studying. little about me, reside in socal, 27, was in the army for eight years (commo) learned a little about computers while working with the techs ie. piecing together towers, active directory, outlook.

now im thinking about going to my local CC to take the A+, net+ cert. prep classes. im not the fastest learner but im not the slowest either. my question, is it reasonable to believe that i can pass both certs mentioned in 2yrs. by taking the classes and using resources on this and other sites?

i can provide the list of materials covered if that helps

thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I think you can pass both of those certs in less then a year if you study hard , they are not to difficult...just work on getting an entry level job in the feild so you can start putting the material to use.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    just found this site a couple of days ago. looks like a great place for info. and studying. little about me, reside in socal, 27, was in the army for eight years (commo) learned a little about computers while working with the techs ie. piecing together towers, active directory, outlook.

now im thinking about going to my local CC to take the A+, net+ cert. prep classes. im not the fastest learner but im not the slowest either. my question, is it reasonable to believe that i can pass both certs mentioned in 2yrs. by taking the classes and using resources on this and other sites?

i can provide the list of materials covered if that helps

thanks guys

Welcome to the forums, and to answer your question, yes it is definitely possible to pass the certs in 2 years (or less) if you work hard and put in the necessary effort. I would recommend that you try to find an entry level job in IT where you can learn while going to the CC.

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com