Options

Help with "2nd" interview

phenixphyrephenixphyre Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I have had a phone interview / screening and I crushed it!! I got a call for an in-person interview tomorrow. I need your help, I really want this job. My issue is that I dont know what questions to ask or what to say. I am meeting with the Director and Team leads first and then I sit down with some of the people I would be working with.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey guys,

I have had a phone interview / screening and I crushed it!! I got a call for an in-person interview tomorrow. I need your help, I really want this job. My issue is that I dont know what questions to ask or what to say. I am meeting with the Director and Team leads first and then I sit down with some of the people I would be working with.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Congrats on the phone interview. However, to best answer your question - what is the position?
  • Options
    The Title is Customer Service Analyst, but it is essentially Help Desk / Tech Support.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Figure they will probably ask you questions in regards to solving technical issues. IE, a user cannot print to a network printer, what would you do? User cannot get onto the internet, what would you do? I suspect the team interview will be more of a getting a feel for your personality to see if you gel with the team. Good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Ask about the company, what they needs are. If they say the have high ticket volume hang from that and present how you can help them solve that problem. Ask what the most common issues are and try to come up with a general idea on how you could contribute to alleviate those. Another great topic to touch is upcoming projects. They could have something no one wants to tackle and that may be your golden ticket to success.

Do not forget at the end to ask what the next steps are or if they have a time frame in mind when they should be making a decision.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. The interview went good. Now I sit and wait to hear the answer. They said that I will hear either way on Monday at the latest!
  • Options
    OK now I have a new question. The company that I interviewed with said that they would let me know either way about the job. They also told me that I would hear from them on Monday at the latest. My question is, if I have not heard back from them by Monday morning do I call them? And if so, what time?

I know that I need to relax but this is a great paying job and I would be an employee, no more contract work!! Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Personally, I would call them Tuesday afternoon and politely request a status update on the situation.
  • Options
    Even though it will be hard to wait .... that sounds like a good idea.