Options

Sr. and Jr. Net Admin positions ***HIRING****

I'll start by saying I am NOT a recruiter and I AM a TE member.

I am expanding my area of management, across 2 business units, so I wanted to list the openings here. I know there are a lot of good members here, I have met some really good people over the last few years. Below are limited descriptions of what I need for each position and location. I will send more info and possible follow ups if PM'd. I don't want to clog up the thread. The company has been in business for over 150+ years, so we are stable. We do CIDS interviews and background checks. I will question the reasoning of someone applying for a position who may be over qualified ( read between the lines..... I want long term employees and not someone who may be looking for a stepping stone). This is a company you can retire from.

Here are the locations:

Bollingbrook, IL. - Jr. Network Admin

QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:

• Bachelor or local equivalent university degree
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English PLUS local language
• Willing to follow IT support model:
o Maintenance windows
o After hour support
• Ability to travel (30%) and valid passport, ability to rent car
• Technical skills
o Linux 10 %
o Windows 70 %
o vmware 10 %
o Cisco 10 %
Any certifications in the above areas preferred

Kennesaw, GA. - Sr. Network Admin

QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:

• Bachelor or local equivalent university degree
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English PLUS local language
• Follow IT support model:
o Maintenance windows
o After hour support
• Ability to travel (up to 30 %) and valid passport, ability to rent car
• Technical skills
o Linux 20 %
o Windows 50 %
o vmware 20 %
o Cisco 10 %
At least one certification in the above areas.
• Five to seven year experience in SI, LAN, VM, ST and WAN administration
• Ability to lead junior level team members

I need good people I can count on. If you know of anyone who may be a fit, please PM me and we, or they, can go from there.

Thanks everyone,

Motogpman
-WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dmacomberdmacomber Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you could swap the locations I would be after the Kennesaw location. I'll shoot this to a friend in ATL and see if he knows anyone.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We do CIDS interviews...
    Handling CIDS Interviews - Job-Hunt.org

Best of luck to both the OP and potential candidates.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    dmacomber- Thanks for the help. We are set on the postions for each site. The Kennesaw site is the HQ for that Business unit, so the Sr. Admin will be there for sure.

Erp- Hey bud, haven't talked to you in awhile. Good to see you are almost done with WGU. Yes, the CIDS interviews, a necessary step but will pay off for the right candidate. They typically last 2 -3 hours.

genderdude- DOE.

FYI, the travel will be limited, we had to list that requirement. I will be holding team meetings anually, other than that, it will be below 10%.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PM sent
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I'm in that awkward Junior/Senior stage...it's like high school all over again!
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    If you're interested in what company it is, some creative googling will give you an idea who it is. GL to the candidates. If I wasn't all the way in Chicago, I would entertain the IL position.
  • Options
    badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Handling CIDS Interviews - Job-Hunt.org

Best of luck to both the OP and potential candidates.

CIDS is just another spin on interviewing techniques and methodologies employed by HR since time immemorial. Behaviorist, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, MMPI-2, emotional intelligence, extispicy...you name it, it has been tried.

I remember one interview where the HR manager was so throughly unprofessional that it was a deciding factor in turning down their employment offer. My thoughts on the process? They wanted to hire "A" level talent, their organization was "C" level in their hiring processes, so perhaps "B" level would be the best they could hope to get.

Having been on both sides of the equation, here is my take on the whole process: there are no guaranteed outcomes.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]