Options

subnetting on test?

juiced79juiced79 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there subnetting on the netowrk+ exam. I looked at comp tia's objectives and didn't see it but I had a friend who said you have to configure subnets??

And as a bonus question can anyone say when the new 2005 test will be out (if not already) and does this vary by testing locations

thanks

Comments

• Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I did my test a couple weeks ago, I can say I never got one subnetting question. There were questions regarding Class A, Class B, Class C etc...

But in some instance... You might come across a diagram that shows two LANS. If you can identify the LANS are subnetted and what subnet belongs with what computer network. You'll be fine.

You won't have any questions like.
    What would this subnet be if you want to have 6 subnets/with 30 hosts.

NINJA EDIT:
    You'll come across questions that require you to know default subnet masks. That's about it I think. This is usually done with diagrams.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    No subnetting on the exam, just know the common classes.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The new exam is suppost to be avaliable starting May 2005
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Definitely no subnetting questions, leave that to the CCNA, you may get Classes, such as A, B and C classes of networks and their approriate address range, and thats it .
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Im surprised thay havent started to yet, I cant recall the last time I saw a default subnet mask in used in a business environment.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    juiced79juiced79 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well since someone brought this thread up again I'll post back. Took the test (002). Passed with 820. I have no idea what that means, good or bad but I passed. I've been avoiding the ccna like the plague. I am so scared of all the subnetting questions. Everyone I work w/ has it and tells me you can memorize a chart of class c because they only test on that.

Next I'll either take the linux+ or ccna if I can find a way how to **** on subnetting questions. Maybe memorize a chart or have someone teach me a trick to it
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    You cant **** on the subnetting questions. Dont bother memorizing charts, cause they are to easy to forget, just learn how to do it once and be done with it, Its not that hard once you get it to click. Spend 10 bucks and buy this PDF, it whipped me into shape in 3 days and now I can do it easily in my head -

http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/TheBryantAdvantageMasterySeries.html
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    bardabarda Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ya, I got three or four questions about subnetting. Mostly in reference to situation and Ip configuration.