Going to make INCD1 my..

effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
Ordered this today and should have it Monday ftw! http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-ICND1-640-822-Official-Guide/dp/1587204258/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320366646&sr=8-3

Watched the CBT nugget video's a month or two ago just to get acquainted, purchased a 1721 and 1760 router along with a 2950 switch from eBay to go along with a few borrowed 3550's from work to physically lab with and going to use GNS3 to create lab scenario's with 3 or more routers.

I am planning on taking the test at the first of January, expecting a daughter within the next few weeks so majority of my study/lab time will be at work.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nuggets+Odom+Lab= winning combo. Congrats on the new family member.
  • kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also ordered the same book as well from Amazon and should arrive anytime today. I already read todd lammle book and watched Cbt nuggets. I ordered the book because of the practice exam that comes with it. Just checking to see if I am prepared before taking the ICND1 exam.
  • jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are your plans for the lab? Are there ICND1 labs that come with the Odom book, or are you just repeating the common configuration steps? i.e. configure vty, rip, serial & eth connections ect?
  • effektedeffekted Member Posts: 166
    I've done a couple of the labs on here and plan on going through Configure The Network that the creator made a thread in these forums. Not sure what labs if any with the new book but I know there is a DVD with practice questions and simulations similar to what is found on the INCD1.

I'm also doing various networking tasks at work but with Extreme Network switches so slightly different syntax. Doing the CCNA because I plan on doing the IT Security program at WGU/build a solid foundation for networking if I choose to continue deeper into it. The plan is to knock out the majority of the certs before going so I can hopefully be done within 2 semesters (no college experience)