Options

Just starting A+

QuietOneQuietOne Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
New to the forums and finding this place really useful for practice tests etc. I am from the UK and I just started A+ I know it's just entry level to the industry but you gotta start somewhere. Basically I want to get into the I.T industry or at least get my foot in the door.

What I want to know is, would that certification be enough to start with? I am also thinking of doing Network+ but I'm not sure when.

Comments

• Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's definitely the place to start. You might be able to land a help-desk gig with just that, you should start working on the network+ while looking for your first IT job though, just in case it pans out to not be enough.
    QuietOne wrote: »
    New to the forums and finding this place really useful for practice tests etc. I am from the UK and I just started A+ I know it's just entry level to the industry but you gotta start somewhere. Basically I want to get into the I.T industry or at least get my foot in the door.

What I want to know is, would that certification be enough to start with? I am also thinking of doing Network+ but I'm not sure when.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    At this point, start with the A+ certification, then definitely move into Network+ when you're done. After that, I'd say it's time to start sending out those resumes, but don't stop studying. Once you have the A+ and Network+, a good follow-up would be either Security+ or the Windows 7 exam from Microsoft to help round out your entry-level skills.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    QuietOneQuietOne Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for responding guys, a lot of places recommend the A+ -> N+ -> S+ route. I shall finish A+ and then start on N+ and carry on from there. This site is really resourceful and I'm finding Professor Messer's videos to be really useful too.