Options

Outlook 2003 time zone for terminal server users

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have several users in Arizona that use a terminal server in Nevada to access Outlook. The servers time zone is set to PST since it is in Nevada. Since DST, all my Arizona users' calendar items are off by one hour. I had the user attempt to change the time zone from within their Outlook calendar options but their access is denied. The users do not have admin privileges on the terminal server and therefore cannot change the terminal servers clock or time zone, but does that also mean they cannot change the time zone of their Outlook calendar? How can I get my users calendars to show the correct time while using this terminal server? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You'll want to enable time zone redirection for the terminal server. Setup a group policy for Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource Redirection/Allow time zone redirection. Apply that to your terminal server and make sure the users connecting are using rdp 5.1 or higher. Alternate path for 2003 group policy is Windows Components/Terminal Services/Terminal Server/Device and Resource Redirection/Allow time zone redirection.

For more info: Device and Resource Redirection
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    You'll want to enable time zone redirection for the terminal server. Setup a group policy for Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource Redirection/Allow time zone redirection. Apply that to your terminal server and make sure the users connecting are using rdp 5.1 or higher. Alternate path for 2003 group policy is Windows Components/Terminal Services/Terminal Server/Device and Resource Redirection/Allow time zone redirection.

For more info: Device and Resource Redirection

Never knew you could do that! Thanks!