Options

epiphany...not a she but still made my eyes open wide!

iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just realized even though routing and switching is so much fun, that going for the CCNP (route and switch) is not for me. Rather, wireless is where it is at! I feel like I just ate a bag full-o-ginseng!
CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)

Comments

• Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sometimes taking a step back and reexamining your priorities is what's needed!

Good luck on the Wifi track!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Awesome I'm thinking about getting into wireless in the future. Are you just doing general studying or focusing on a cert i.e. CWNA or CCNA wireless? I'm trying to decide which of those certs is more prominent. I know CWNA has been around longer and isn't vendor specific, so that's good. Is the CCNA wireless respected out there I wonder?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Awesome I'm thinking about getting into wireless in the future. Are you just doing general studying or focusing on a cert i.e. CWNA or CCNA wireless? I'm trying to decide which of those certs is more prominent. I know CWNA has been around longer and isn't vendor specific, so that's good. Is the CCNA wireless respected out there I wonder?

IMO I think the CWNA holds more weight than the CCNA Wireless does at the moment.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    CWNA holds more weight than the CCNA Wireless.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    iyare wrote: »
    I feel like I just ate a bag full-o-ginseng!

Well done bro. Nothing like finding your calling.

Having said that, start reading up on channels and frequencies and modulation strategies... unless you're Spock, you'll feel like you just ate a bag full-o-prozac. That stuff will put you right to sleep.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.