Couple touch-up topics... help?

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
I just finished Odom's CCIE Routing and Switching Cert Guide for the second time. However, after all that, I know my weak areas are still IPv6 and Multicast. I don't "like" the topics (prolly cause the environments I've worked in didn't use either), and that no doubt had an impact on my understanding and ability to retain.

So, I would appreciate any resources you champs have come across for those two topics. Even better if they were pdf's or online links. Yes, I can google with the best of them... but if you tech gods have any hidden gems, you know I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Hey there,

I purchased this because it got a lot of good recommendations and I can say with certainty that it's pretty much all sorts of awesome. I used it HEAVILY when preparing for the written and attribute a lot of my success to it. You've probably heard of it before, but it's by a guy named Ruhann in South Africa. It does cost $98, but it's really well organized and straight to the point on all the topics. In my opinion well worth the investment.. it's a priceless reference to have at you desk.

Routing-Bits Handbook RS « Routing-Bits
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    +1 to routing bits

I always use it prior to job interviews for a few days to brush up on things, gives a good overview.

BTW how can you not like multicast it is the coolest thing in the world. Deploy video over your network and you will learn to love multicast quickly
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Routing Bits it is, then.

Oddly enough, my last two contracts have been at Toyota Canada and now at Honda Canada... and neither use any form of video conferencing or TelePresence at all. I wish we did.

Maybe I'll move on from here to Mazda or BMW (or *cough* GM)... and maybe I'll get lucky and TelePresence will be in use.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.