Options

PowerShell request won't be approved for 22.5 days!

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
This was a new one for me... logged into one of my Exchange 2010 servers, opened up the Exchange Management Shell, and got this:
Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The system load quota of 1000 requests per 2 seconds has been exceeded. Send future requests at a slower rate or raise the system quota. The next request from this user will not be approved for at least 1951063168 milliseconds. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportExc
eption
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed

[h=2]1 951 063 168 milliseconds = 22.5817496 days icon_surprised.gif[/h]That's OK, I didn't really want to work on it anyway. icon_lol.gif A reboot made the problem go away. I was going to blame the stupid throttling policy, but I'd already removed it.

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    thats one hell of an hourglass, how ever it is a ms timer so it will go from 22.5 days to 4 hours to 37 weeks then done in all of 3 min
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    ArmannArmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha yeah I have seen that a few times. :D
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    This was a new one for me... logged into one of my Exchange 2010 servers, opened up the Exchange Management Shell, and got this:

[h=2]1 951 063 168 milliseconds = 22.5817496 days icon_surprised.gif[/h]That's OK, I didn't really want to work on it anyway. icon_lol.gif A reboot made the problem go away. I was going to blame the stupid throttling policy, but I'd already removed it.

Reboot seems excessive :) Could have probably just restarted the WS-Management service :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Reboot seems excessive :) Could have probably just restarted the WS-Management service :)

Nope, restarting WS-Management was the 1st thing I did.

This has happened again, only 21 days this time though. :p

Rebooting isn't a big issue since its a dev server, but can't be rebooting all the time once we put this in production, so might be time to dig into this further.