Options

Thanks for building the company. Now return your stock or leave.

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What a bunch of backstabbing bastards. That's it. I'm calling the Mafia Wars crew to go leave a horse head on Pincus' bed.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would start looking for a new job. They are j@ck@$$3$ for this decision... and I wouldn't want to work there regardless. Keep the stock and move on.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Although Zynga's decision might be met with some criticism, the firm's executives reportedly justified their strategy by saying it was best for the company. With the unvested shares, the executives believed they could attract more top talent with the promise of stock.
    Attract new employees by screwing over current employees? That's an interesting HR tactic.
    Let us know how it all works out.....icon_rolleyes.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    MrRyte wrote: »
    Attract new employees by screwing over current employees? That's an interesting HR tactic.
    Let us know how it all works out.....icon_rolleyes.gif

I call that the cell phone carrier approach.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had to seriously double check that this wasn't from The Onion. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I like how they "evaluated" who should give the stock back. Better not say "you are all valuable employees" at the next Christmas party.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I like how they "evaluated" who should give the stock back. Better not say "you are all valuable employees" at the next Christmas party.

hahaha.

Man it sucks to see the way employers are in todays times
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It sure does suck to see way companies think of their employees.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    CWU anyone? Sure enough that's not legal towards your employees i'd see what CWU representative has to say about it. Not sure if it exists in US though:

Welcome to the CWU - Communication Workers Union
  • Options
    deth1k wrote: »
    CWU anyone? Sure enough that's not legal towards your employees i'd see what CWU representative has to say about it. Not sure if it exists in US though:

Uh, you can keep it. If I were an employer and someone came to me with that, I would close up shop and wish everyone a good day.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice employee retention program. I hope it all works out for them. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    And if you were operating in a good market someone would be right in behind you to suck your business up and hire your good emplooyes. The reality is that UNIONS are good and bad. A long time ago when there wasn't rights for workers they were needed. In the modern world they have to change there roles, some workers are dirt bags and need to be let go, you don't need to be paid over market value to do basic work. But the way the company in particular is acting is a great example of why unions are good. While I've never had to use a union in the jobs I've had, some people who were untreated fairly would have had a way for there issues to be resolved without them turning ugly. Don't think they are all bad find out what they are about then judge from that. I will agree that they overstep there boundaries, but there were needed.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    And if you were operating in a good market someone would be right in behind you to suck your business up and hire your good emplooyes. The reality is that UNIONS are good and bad. A long time ago when there wasn't rights for workers they were needed. In the modern world they have to change there roles, some workers are dirt bags and need to be let go, you don't need to be paid over market value to do basic work. But the way the company in particular is acting is a great example of why unions are good. While I've never had to use a union in the jobs I've had, some people who were untreated fairly would have had a way for there issues to be resolved without them turning ugly. Don't think they are all bad find out what they are about then judge from that. I will agree that they overstep there boundaries, but there were needed.

I don' think I could disagree more, honestly. Unions are a bygone necessity. When there was no other recourse and people were essentially being treated slightly better than slaves, sure. However, there is plenty of recourse today and it has nothing to do with rights... there are no such thing as worker rights, regardless of who wants to pretend they exist or whether laws suggest that they exist. There are only natural rights which everyone is entitled... no one can grant or abdicate rights; they are fundamental and inherit, whether we are aware of the or not. Today, however, people are more educated than ever and plenty of means for these educated people to take action exist, including access to legal counsel, the ear of a well-educated friend, and regardless of the economy access to other work. Sure it may take some time to find another job, but the prospects are still out there. And none of that has to do with unions... unions take advantage of their workers just the same as employers do... and they only ever "protect" employees so long as it keep unions relevant. Further, too many people today have enough self-respect to not want to be involved with a union.

Granted, a lot of what I said is opinion... but plenty of it is factual, and my opinions are based on facts and principles.

I will NEVER work in a union. I have put for the effort to get me where I am... I am not lashing myself together with others for collective bargaining... I prefer individual bargaining because I am worth something. Folks to develop some self-esteem and confidence... which likely has skills and intellect as a prerequisite.

[/rant]

Apologies to the innocent.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    powerfool wrote: »
    I don' think I could disagree more, honestly. Unions are a bygone necessity. When there was no other recourse and people were essentially being treated slightly better than slaves, sure. However, there is plenty of recourse today and it has nothing to do with rights... there are no such thing as worker rights, regardless of who wants to pretend they exist or whether laws suggest that they exist. There are only natural rights which everyone is entitled... no one can grant or abdicate rights; they are fundamental and inherit, whether we are aware of the or not. Today, however, people are more educated than ever and plenty of means for these educated people to take action exist, including access to legal counsel, the ear of a well-educated friend, and regardless of the economy access to other work. Sure it may take some time to find another job, but the prospects are still out there. And none of that has to do with unions... unions take advantage of their workers just the same as employers do... and they only ever "protect" employees so long as it keep unions relevant. Further, too many people today have enough self-respect to not want to be involved with a union.

Granted, a lot of what I said is opinion... but plenty of it is factual, and my opinions are based on facts and principles.

I will NEVER work in a union. I have put for the effort to get me where I am... I am not lashing myself together with others for collective bargaining... I prefer individual bargaining because I am worth something. Folks to develop some self-esteem and confidence... which likely has skills and intellect as a prerequisite.

[/rant]

Apologies to the innocent.

We both agree that unions are a thing of the past, but we disagree on the fact that I think they should modernize and you think a person can stand on his own two feet and take a corp to war. I can live with that. Now what about you closing your doors, would you really attempt it if you owned a company?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    We both agree that unions are a thing of the past, but we disagree on the fact that I think they should modernize and you think a person can stand on his own two feet and take a corp to war. I can live with that. Now what about you closing your doors, would you really attempt it if you owned a company?

If my employees felt that they had a greater right to how my company operates than I do, yes I would close it and walk away.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With the way corporations are swallowing up small and medium sized businesses and laying off people with duplicate positions, its getting harder and harder to negotiate much of anything anymore. Individual negotiations work for a small percentage of people. I have worked as a contractor and with a union and to be honest I didn't notice good or bad with union presence. As a contractor I noticed a ton of crap but I was in a position to usually tell them to flip off by voting with my feet.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    deth1k wrote: »

What Zynga is doing would be perfectly legal in Georgia. We're an at-will state, so an employer can fire for pretty much any reason that's not related to the discrimination protected classes. Not giving back your stock when the company demands it is not a protected class. The article title makes it sound a little more sensational than it really is - the company realized they screwed up and gave out more stock to non-essential personnel than they should have, and I can understand that from the company's point of view, but I'd agree, they're handling it entirely wrong.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I thought I read somewhere that they were rethinking the public offering all together? I was pretty sure there was an article talking about the social bubble bursting and that they weren't going to get anywhere near that 1 Billion. Either way, suck up the lose and move on. If it were me, I would have just quit and kept all my options. They go public, I sell, and am happy for life :)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff