Options

QoS Question

ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
Hello,

I started reading about QoS and i had a question.

Let's say we have 2 sites.

Site1 and Site2.

On the connection between Site1 and Site2 we have:

One one end:

policy-map policy_name
class class-default
shape average 9400000 37600 0

And on the other we do not have the Be set to 0 => Bc = Be = 37600 like in the example:
policy-map policy_name
class class-default
shape average 9400000 37600

(Of course we apply them with a service policy on an interface)

Won't we have some drops because the Be is sent on one side(to 0) and on the other we have Be = Bc, when we have some traffic congestion ?

Waiting for an input.

Thank you.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.

Comments

• Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Think about which direction you shape traffic in and what your 'service-policy' statement direction would be. That will probably answer your question.
  • Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Jason thanks for the input.
    I was thinking about this, but i was not 100% sure.

I will apply the shape traffic to outbound direction, but still i have some doubts in my mind.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It won't be an issue if you shape egress on both interfaces. Remember, that is only affecting traffic going out. The traffic will be received on the other end exactly as you sent it. You aren't going to have ingress policies on either interface to interfere or take any other actions on the traffic it receives. The egress policies on each of the interfaces are completely independent of each other in every single way imaginable. It looks like you are all set. :)