Options

It's great to be marketable...

2»

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CiscoKidd wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say how much I love working in the IT industry. In an unfortunate situation, I was laid off from my job a few weeks ago. I went home obviously sad and a little depressed. That night after I stopped feeling sorry for myself, I updated my resume and posted it on several sites. My plan was to get up the next morning and start actually applying but to my surprise, I received roughly 5 phone calls/emails that morning from various companies and it continued throughout the week. Some calls from head hunters and some from corporate recruiters. By the end of the week, I had several phone interviews and the next week, face to face interviews. Within about a week, I had 3 job offers ALL paying more than my previous job and two of them even a shorter commute.

I hope I don't come off as bragging or anything but it just feels good that in these tough economic times, I was able to find a job so quickly.

I like stories like these. Congrats on getting a new job! It's a terrible feeling to lose your job. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in your situation, it feels good to share with other people.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    CiscoKiddCiscoKidd Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ayvz wrote: »
    Yes Sir!by demand,if you don't mind can you give us a sample of your resume(ommitting personal details).:)

Here is a copy of my resume as requested by you as well as a few other people

TE Resume.pdf
  • Options
    duckduckduckduckduckduck Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, clean resume. It looks quite similar to mine with the bullet point layout.

I personally have had greater success with that style than any other.
  • Options
    Very nice, clean resume. It looks quite similar to mine with the bullet point layout.

I personally have had greater success with that style than any other.

Thanks!! When I started this job hunt it was the first time I used that format. I came across a template for it a few months ago and held onto it for whenever I started job hunting again.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's great! But just out of curiosity, what kind of work do you do? Do you have a title?

Yes i believe its Male Gigolo. :D

Seriously though, thats great news. Im glad that you have found other roles easily as its not as easy for other folk. SOunds like your new job is a good step up to, regardless of the senior title loss.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    AyvzAyvz Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□

TE Resume.pdf

Sir,thank you very much!If ever I finished atleast two certs(only have N+),I will make pattern like the resume of yours,Sir!

Regards,
    Someone From Philippines:)
  • Options
    onatechmissiononatechmission Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nice resume...is there a specific name for that format ?
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats! ... now to tear into the resume: cisco certified network associatION Security really? :D

OK, cool, nice resume, and congrats on bouncing back. The reason I noticed that "association" is because I saw my word-processing program sneak that one in on me when I was updating my own resume recently :D

Your story reminds me of a guy who got cut at one company, then a year later, after contracting off-and-on (making more contracting than he was working at the old place, he gets hired on at a new place for about 25 or 30k more than at his old job).
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745

Successful? hehehee.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□

TE Resume.pdf

Wow very clean and easy to read - nice! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    instant000 wrote: »
    Congrats! ... now to tear into the resume: cisco certified network associatION Security really? :D

LOL...Nice Catch. I will make sure to change that before I apply for my next position. icon_wink.gif
  • Options

I honestly don't know if there is a name for this format. I had a resume emailed to me about a year ago in this format and liked it so I saved and of course added my info. If you would like, I can send you a word version of it so you can edit it with your info.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod

TE Resume.pdf

Bravo on the CTU themed resume. The references section just blew my mind. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    onatechmissiononatechmission Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I honestly don't know if there is a name for this format. I had a resume emailed to me about a year ago in this format and liked it so I saved and of course added my info. If you would like, I can send you a word version of it so you can edit it with your info.

I would appreciate having a word version of it. Hopefully, one day I will be able to have the credentials you have achieved so far icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can download a trial version of a popular PDF converter to do the trick...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!