Options

Having an uphill struggle with 70-640 =(

RazMaTazRazMaTaz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi People,

Ok, so I have basically started my journey to become an MCITP, and shortly after begin MCITP Enterprise. I sat the exam for 70-640, and I failed, scoring around 450. I have got Test Out, Sybex, and have the Labs. Its an annoyance that these books and stuff tell you how to configure, while the exam is all about troubleshooting. I have studied the material thoroughly, but my weakest knowledge so far is certificates. The sad truth is once you think you know something, theres something else to bite you in the tush from that same section. I have the exam on Thursday and was wondering if its worth delaying it, and focus on really fine tuning my knowledge for the next week or so and then sit the exam. Is there any recommendations anyone would suggest i.e. books or other materials?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    I took the 70-640 and failed by one question after second-guessing myself a couple times and bitting myself in the ass. It's definitely not as straightforward as the practice questions and tests you come across.

A huge percentage of my test was Certificate Services questions but I expected that and prepared for it. What caught me up was several questions I ran into that weren't covered in the variety of materials I studied.

I used MS Press study book and labs, Labsim, ucertify(about useless on this text), CBTnuggets, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed.

All of the questions in a troubleshooting format I saw were asking basic questions hidden in a word problem. It helped me to read them twice focusing on what it was really asking - some of the questions were intentionally tricky I think.

Something I've learned is sometimes the simple answers are the correct ones.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!