Options

Need Advice - Might be too late now

I already signed my offer letter and put in my 2 weeks notice. I currently work for a state university and I'll be moving to a public library system. Guys, Should I be worried about layoff since SB5 didn't pass or should I stop worrying and just go with the flow? By the way, I'm in Ohio.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go with the flow. Just remember that in IT there is always the chance to be shafted, but that can take some time. Continue to work hard in any job you accept and seek opportunities to grow within that organisation you are joining. That doesn't mean more certs, it means being very good at your job.
  • Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    i'll do just that. thanks
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »
    Go with the flow. Just remember that in IT there is always the chance to be shafted, but that can take some time. Continue to work hard in any job you accept and seek opportunities to grow within that organisation you are joining. That doesn't mean more certs, it means being very good at your job.

If this guy says something, pay attention! Some sage advice there.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ubermichubermich Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    If this guy says something, pay attention! Some sage advice there.
    +1. And realize it is very likely more states will be going the way of right-to-work. Texas is already RTW and has been for a long time. That doesn't mean we all get fired every week. It just means keeping our jobs is based on merit, skill, and value. If you are better than anyone out there and give your employer excellent value for the pay they give you, they'd be fools to let you go (unless circumstances change to where they don't need your level of skill, but that's somewhat unlikely IMHO).
  • Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    ubermich wrote: »
    +1. And realize it is very likely more states will be going the way of right-to-work. Texas is already RTW and has been for a long time. That doesn't mean we all get fired every week. It just means keeping our jobs is based on merit, skill, and value. If you are better than anyone out there and give your employer excellent value for the pay they give you, they'd be fools to let you go (unless circumstances change to where they don't need your level of skill, but that's somewhat unlikely IMHO).

thanks buys