Options

Outlook Calendar/ Public Folder issue

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
So I have been tasked with creating a special calendar for a small group of users. I tried using Outlook group schedules, but they want an actual calendar. I created a calendar with permissions, in a newly created public folder. I can navigate to it by persuing through the public folders via the folder list button, but can not seem to find a way to make it show up in the calendar pane of Outlook. I tried to open a shared calendar, but can't find what I created, nor any way to see the public folders in the calendar pane.

Any ideas on how to complete this? I'm almost there, but just need a little boost to get it finsihed..
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I believe you need to mail enable the public folder that contains the calendar. Once you have done this, you will be able to select that folder from the GAL when using the Open Shared Calendar option in Outlook.

I should add that the preferred method is to setup a Resource Mailbox. The AD account is disabled, you give permissions to those who need it. Doing it this way will give you some features that a Calendar sitting in a Public Folder won't have, like auto-booking, etc.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Thanks, but I just figured it out.. I had to find the calendar in the Public Folder listing, then right-click and choose, add-to-favorites. Once I did that, it would be displayed like any other calendar in Outlook.

And as for setting up a Resource Mailbox, that request was denied by the main sys admins. It's a gov't system, so new mailboxes aren't easy to come by without good justification. The deptartment that requested it already had what they want, but it web based and they wanted it in Outlook...so thus the little bit of extra work.

thx again
    i remain, he who remains to be....