Options

Time for a tablet: Asus vs. Lenovo

2»

Comments

• Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The fingerprint scanner on the Lenevo doesn't seem necessary considering Ice Cream Sandwhich has facial recognition technology, that is of course assuming it works well. Spec wise it looks pretty similar so either that or the Prime would be nice to have. I wouldn't bother getting a tablet that doesn't come with the new Tegra 3 processor and Ice Cream Sandwhich unless you are looking for a cheap tablet.

I've had my mind on an Asus Prime for some time, mostly because of the keyboard, but what I'd really love is an Android tablet that can dual boot Ubuntu. Eventually that'll probably happen, but until it does that feature would certainly make a $500 tablet much more usable. I don't know if a tablet will really be able to replace 90% of what you do on a desktop, to me I still just consider them expensive e-readers with some additional features, but not really that productive.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I read somwhere that the facial recognition software as it is now, is nothing more than a gimick. Somewhere it said that the pattern or number entry are both more secure than Face Unlock. Something about hold a picture of the person up to the camera will unlock the device.

Can't find it right now, pretty sure it was on Engadget.