Options

Is it appropriate to call HR if you don't get a response?

ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I applied for a job online about a week ago. Would it be appropriate to call and ask if the position is still open? Is there any way I can hint for an interview or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Yes, that is perfectly acceptable to do.

I wouldn't ask if the job is open though, just assume it is. Like "Hello, my name is <name>, I'm calling about <open position> and am wondering if you had the opportunity to look at my resume."

And then go from there. Feel free to make up your own sentence as well (I just made that sentence up in 2 seconds, so you might be able to come up with something better).
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure call them. And don't hint at it. Tell them straight up you think you'd be a good fit and want to interview for the job.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Applicants can suddenly fall through the cracks. Even ones emailed.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Just make sure the job posting is closed before calling. If it says deadline for applying is still a few days off, or just closed, I wouldn't call just yet.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend calling.
  • Options
    baseball1988baseball1988 Member Posts: 119
    Like others have mentioned, follow up and see what happens.

But, make sure you do enough research about the company or be prepared! They might throw you off-guard and ask to do a 10-15 min phone interview immediately once you follow up...
  • Options
    ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'll do some homework and brush up on my interview skills just in case. I'll keep ya posted ;)