The Glory Days of Windows 95 Downloads

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
The good ol' days.

Comments

• jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I wonder close it is to being done now?
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    jmritenour wrote: »
    I wonder close it is to being done now?

Not even close. 39 years in M$ time means 78 years.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    At least most of the avail. pr0n was images and not videos. That would have been terrible.

Can't wait to see what speeds we will get in another couple years!
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    0.49% ? it looks halfway done...

Someone posted a article about broadband speeds awhile back, but I can't find the post. I can find a article like it though... 100Mbps broadband may be closer than you think | Signal Strength - CNET News
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's Windows 95?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good ol' days... Back in late 90's I once took on a challenge of downloading a 600Mb file over a dial-up... It took just over a month to download the file...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    Good ol' days... Back in late 90's I once took on a challenge of downloading a 600Mb file over a dial-up... It took just over a month to download the file...
    I once downloaded a 300MB, I can't remember how long it took. I do remember that I used a program that I could pause the download. I only had one phone line at the time, so I could only do it over night. I used to get really excited when it went over 5.00KB. Now, a 300MB or 600MB is nothing.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S