Options

MS 70-640 Training Kit problem

jmarti71jmarti71 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I did a 3-day classroom type course on 70-640 weeks ago. I installed the supplied server 2008 disc into my laptop and started the installations. Along with the MS training kit book, I tried to follow everything until ”Configure Networking in the InitiaI Config Tasks” window of chapt 1 p. 18. Not sure why it gets me to a different window and unable to execute step #9. I ignored this until I realized later on that this has to be configured properly if I were to do the labs. I welcome any input or suggestion.

I know reading from other forums that this is not the only way to study, but I thought since I’ve already invested on this, I might as well see it work. At the moment, I feel I’m not getting anywhere and very discouraged. I need help BIG time.
icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sorry man I dont have the book (I dont follow any MS Press books, btw), but maybe you can tell us what the exercise is. What is it you are not getting past?

I'll always stand by my method for just about MS exam preparation, read the exam blueprint, read TechNet (this is from Microsoft and completely free, just Google TechNet), make notes as I go, lab it all in my home lab, come up with scenarios, break the hell out of my servers and fix them, read and re-read my notes, lab more as needed, ready for exam. I recommend this approach for everyone. You should try too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jmarti71jmarti71 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From memory I think my internet cable @ home wasn’t even plugged-in to my laptop when I installed the server. Thus the error. I’ll re-install it again and hopefully will come out with a favorable result. I actually responded to the thread you replied on on the other forum. I copied & paste it to my notes to serve as guide for my study. My situation at the moment is a balancing act between studying, family (incl 3 young kids), going to job interviews, chores and so on. I’ll come up with a schedule to organize my time better. Incidentally, do you know of any groups with similar interest (70-640 exam) for interaction around Melbourne? I thought I love to be involved if such exists. Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jmarti71 wrote: »
    From memory I think my internet cable @ home wasn’t even plugged-in to my laptop when I installed the server. Thus the error. I’ll re-install it again and hopefully will come out with a favorable result. I actually responded to the thread you replied on on the other forum. I copied & paste it to my notes to serve as guide for my study. My situation at the moment is a balancing act between studying, family (incl 3 young kids), going to job interviews, chores and so on. I’ll come up with a schedule to organize my time better. Incidentally, do you know of any groups with similar interest (70-640 exam) for interaction around Melbourne? I thought I love to be involved if such exists. Thanks again for your help.

Nah dont know of such groups. Maybe there are some on linkedin or something? Thing is all these exams arent that difficult, perhaps if you were doing the MCM or the CCIE, I'd think there would be some study groups. Cant help on this front.

Just ensure you lab as you go mate. Reading alone aint going to get you too far. This forum can help you with what to read and how to lab, just ask. Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    lordxarlordxar Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    His problem with the MS Press book is on the oobe screen. If you look on step one there is a screen shot of the Initial Configuration window. Under Provide Computer Information is a line labeled Configure Networking. All their really trying to do is get you to put in IP info. So however your accustomed to doing that, don't really have to follow the book verbatim for that part.