Options

Tech Support Engineer: London

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

Just thought i'd post this op here incase anyone is interested. Give me a pm and i can forward your details on to HR. It does include 24/7 shift work in a DC.

Duties & Responsibilities:

• Manage all incoming calls, e-mails and faxes to the technical support line. These include problems, queries and requests regarding services.
• Respond to customers within Support SLA directly to the customers and liaise with IT consultants or partners where necessary.
• Provisioning of new and existing services including (but not exclusive to) Internet access, domains, web space and e-mail services etc.
• Liaise with third party suppliers (including BT) to report and escalate customer problems.
• Escalate tickets to support management, Network Operations Centre (NOC team) and other respective teams as required.
• Assist with project work when required (including but not exclusive to) product evaluations, development of internal and customer training material, development of new services and improvement of support processes.
• Act as a point of escalation for our Customer Service Desk.

Key Outcome Measurements

• Tickets responded to and resolved with SLA
• Random samples of tickets measured for customer service and technical aptitude
• Number of tickets provisioned within OTIF (on time and in full) deadline
• Number of tickets provisioned out with OTIF (on time and in full) deadline
• Customer survey responses
• Process and procedural improvements suggested to Support Management

Skills set

Applicants must possess experience of the following:-

• TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, ADSL, SDSL, Dialup, ISDN, PSTN
• Windows Operating Systems, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Fedora
• POP3, IMAP, SMTP
• Customer service or technical phone support experience

Ideally the applicant will also have experience of the following:-

• Service desk environment supporting over 500 users
• Worked within a ISP or Telco environment
• Will hold a CCNA or be currently studying towards it
• Will hold a MCP and will be working towards their MCSE
• ITIL qualification
• Candidates will bill educated to HND/BTEX as a minimum in relevant discipline.

The right person may not necessarily have the desired skills set, but just the right attitude to have the enthusiasm to learn and make a positive contribution to the organisation.

Personal attributes

• Good communicator
• Self motivator
• Team player
• Good time management
• Customer focused
• Being able to work under pressure
• Flexible to meet demands of an operational and evolving business
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    How is it living/working in London? I've been working with a large company based in London on some US Based projects. We've talked about me coming to work full time in London for them. Is the UK a big jump from the US?
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    How is it living/working in London? I've been working with a large company based in London on some US Based projects. We've talked about me coming to work full time in London for them. Is the UK a big jump from the US?

i have no idea, i have not been to the US nor do i live in london :D

• Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Whats the pay...In pounds of course? :)
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    London's an awesome city. I've looked at jobs in London and they seem grossly underpaid. Whats the yearly salary for this position?
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    i'll find out for you but it will be a couple of days as the HR contact is off work. I cant imagine it to be amazing as its more of a L2 support type role.

btw, i do think London is an awesome city though.