Options

Is Net+ test harder or easier than A+ ?

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just finished my A+ OS and now have my A+ cert. I found the A+ hardware test reasonable and mostly fun. The A+ OS was a royal pain in the ass and didn't like studying for it at all, except for the XP stuff. For those who recall, how does the Net+ compare to the A+. Also, is there a site somewhere that list pass/fail rates for these tests and how difficult people found each test?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally I think it is easier because there are not as many topics to prepare for. I studied for 1 month after my A+ and passed handily, I read Exam Cram 2 and the $6.95 Technotes from this site.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think Net+ is easier than A+. but then again, I took the older A+ exams(2001), and the older Net+. Recently, A+ has been upgraded(which you passed), and Net+ is being upgraded right now as well, so I'm not so sure how much more difficult the new exam will be. A word of advice, if you're intimidated by A+, wait till you do a M$ exam, or Cisco. IT exams only get harder the furthur you go.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree, the Net+ does seem easier then the A+. A+ was my first cert that I had received. It only gets harder as you progress through the certification path. Each cert is a building block for the other. It all depends on the person though.

Currently, I'm studying for the 70-270 Win xp pro. The first chapter seems difficult for me with un installation processes.

Overall, if you have a willingness to study, put in the study time, learn your craft and have an ambitious to achieve, anything will be possible with ease.
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I think A+ is just a lot of covered topics. That's why I just took network+ first. I found network+ easy aswell, but I think A+ requires you to just remember ALOT of stuff, whereas Net+ you would need to apply what you learned to the scenario questions.

I do plan on taking A+ after security+ which I'm studying for now.
    You can study Net+ without A+ if you want, you really don't need to know anything from A+ to help pass the net+. Whereas, for security+, you would need some knowledge if not alot of knowledge from the Net+ to help you understand the concepts.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.