Options

Did I get a good buy on these Cisco 3550 SMI Switches?

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
I offered $73.00 apiece for two CISCO CATALYST 3550 24 PORT SWITCH WS-C3550-24PWR-SMI switches, plus $30.00 shipping, and the offer was accepted and paid for a few hours ago.

Total cost = $176.00 to my door.

I bought these as I am currently studying for the ROUTE exam, and wanted to be prepared to hook these up to GNS3 for my SWITCH studies when the time comes. I will be loading them with the EMI image for lab purposes..They have inline power, so I should be able to get a few Cisco VoIP phones for practicing Voice stuff next. Not sure if the PoE switches are generally more expensive, and if so, by how much?

So, all in all, was this a good deal, or should I have kept an eye on Ebay and tried to get a better deal?

Thanks,

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you got pretty good deal. Just load the EMI image in them and they become full layer 3 switches. I've worked on 100's of these switches and have 2 in my lab at home with EMI loaded. They are good switches to have in a lab.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been watching the 3550's myself because I want to grab another one. I would say that's a pretty good deal, they've been going for $90 - $110 each.
  • Options
    poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    alan,

The seller had 2 more (PoE) that were going for $79.99 Buy It Now + $20.00 shipping apiece..

They were sold this morning when I woke up.. icon_smile.gif

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have sold about 50 of these this year. The price is around $115 now for the 3550 PWR.
  • Options
    mikezmikez Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just picked up 2 of 3550 48 port SMI's off ebay for $158 including shipping about a week ago. So my out the door cost if $79 a piece including shipping. I think I got a real good deal but it took me a while to find them for the price I wanted to pay. Now I have 3 3550s in my lab... I loaded them up with the 12.2(44) SE6 EMI image and they are working perfectly in my lab.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Definitely a good deal. 3550's are still expensive here. Usually go for around $200 to $250 , the fx version are cheaper but then need to get a couple of 2950fx's and optical cables (which is what I've done)
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    just got one shipped for 100 flat to my door. Many more still up there for the same price.