VCP5 Pass

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
Upgraded my VCP to 5 this morning. I'm taking of for Europe in a week and wanted to get this out of the way so I wouldn't have to worry about finding time before the class requirement kicks in.

I wouldn't classify the exam as easy but I felt that it was fair. I average a new vSphere deployment every month or so in widely varying environments, so I have plenty of hands on experience. Also watched some of the Trainsignal videos and read some of Scott Lowe's book.

I was also supposed to take the NCIE (NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineer), but Prometric was down at the testing center. I have to wonder if there are any good testing centers. This one, like most, had computers from early 2000.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nice. Congrats!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kalebksp wrote: »
    Upgraded my VCP to 5 this morning. I'm taking of for Europe in a week and wanted to get this out of the way so I wouldn't have to worry about finding time before the class requirement kicks in.

I wouldn't classify the exam as easy but I felt that it was fair. I average a new vSphere deployment every month or so in widely varying environments, so I have plenty of hands on experience. Also watched some of the Trainsignal videos and read some of Scott Lowe's book.

I was also supposed to take the NCIE (NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineer), but Prometric was down at the testing center. I have to wonder if there are any good testing centers. This one, like most, had computers from early 2000.

Nice work!
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nicely done, congrats!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs