Cell phone to act like a "land line". Anyone have a solution?

WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
I am looking for a Christmas present for my parents and wanted to get them something that would help them be better at answering their phones. They recently moved to a new house and did away with the land line, but now it is hard to get a hold of them, because they don't carry their cell phones around the house and cannot hear them ringing most of the time.

What I want to do is get them sort of device that would either:

A. Amplify their ringtone, by setting their cell phones next to some Bluetooth speaker every time they come home.

B. Or some sort of docking station that would allow them to use their cell phones like a land line, with multiple phones spread across the house that their cell phone feeds into.

Does anybody know of anything like this?

Thanks.
Never stop learning.

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was something by Motorola that connected the Bluetooth to your home phones when you docked it? Thought I read about it last year.
  • terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Panasonic has the "Link 2 Cell" feature on some phones that allows their handsets to make/receive calls through a bluetooth connection to the cellphone.

Panasonic KX-TG6582T - Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with 2 Handsets and Bluetooth Connectivity - Overview
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    ATT has a couple of handsets that provide the similar features also..
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was looking for, I ended up ordering a Panasonic Link to Cell set of off Amazon.
    Never stop learning.
  • jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whiteout wrote: »
    Thanks guys. That is exactly what I was looking for, I ended up ordering a Panasonic Link to Cell set of off Amazon.

I have the exact same phone and it works great. It automatically reconnects to the cell phone when back in range (when I walk back into the house). You can also set the ring to be different from the land line so you can tell what kind of call is incoming. Your cell phone book can also be downloaded into the Panasonic phone.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: