Options

How to Configure CISCO LB router

2»

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    doddle wrote: »
    I configured the router with 3 i/p whose bandwidth are 5:5 each, and i'm getting a single output. My doubt is whether i getting a output of 5:5 bandwith or a sum of these 3 ip's bandwidth i.e 15 Mbp's output?? please calrify my doubt guyzzzz icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

You are not going to get 15 megs aggregate when you have 3 5 meg links from 3 different providers.

At this point, I'm loathe to give anymore advice, as I don't know what your design goals are, nor do I know your topology, so randomly throwing out ideas will, I feel, server to hinder, and not help.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How many IP addresses are using in providing external services? I really don't think we need to be talking about BGP here as I really don't think you qualify for a direct allocation from an RIR. Also, if you are willing to spend at least $10K on load balancers we can throw that solution out the window as well. The very best you are going to do is provide 3 individual 5 meg links to be randomly utilized for outbound traffic, and with a very maximum very best case scenario of 5mbps throughput for a single TCP stream. Given the length of this thread I think you would be best served picking a link as primary and using another as failover. You are talking about introducing complexity that your organization is probably not ready to deal with.
  • Options
    doddledoddle Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are not going to get 15 megs aggregate when you have 3 5 meg links from 3 different providers.

At this point, I'm loathe to give anymore advice, as I don't know what your design goals are, nor do I know your topology, so randomly throwing out ideas will, I feel, server to hinder, and not help.
    hi Forsaken as per quest ,we are having 3 different ip's from 3 different isp vendors and we configured our router with this 3 isp and we introducing route map technique to allocate this connection b/w our 150 pc's ...and our router is having 2 gigabye and 2 fast ethernet port.we are giving 3 isp vendor in 2 fast ethernet port and get our o/p i.e load balanced one from gigabyte port and given it to our switch which distribute it to all our host i.e pc's....