Options

Missed it by that much....failed ICND 2 again...but...

seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Now,

Today, I took the ICND 2 for the second time and did not pass. This is what happened. I did well in two sections that I did poorly in from my first attempt. My score went from 0% to 100% in one section = ). And I did poorly in a section that I did well in the first time around. My score remained the same in two areas. The clock was not an issue. I think I'm going to take the CCNA composite exam (not scheduled; not in a hurry) instead of attempting the ICND 2 for a third time.
~ Sean

Comments

• Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Using any of the practise exams like the ones in the back of the cisco book
    or bosun exsim max or similar ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    What did you score, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what parts of the exam did you score low in? I'm taking mines next Wednesday and I've literally been at the labs, practice tests, and training videos for 8-10 hours a day + some school experience in Cisco. Also, how much time did you invest in ICND2 and what materials have you used so far?

Let me know any questions you have and I'll see if I can help in any way. Sorry to hear about the results though.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Options
    Hey alxx,

I used the exam prep resources that came with the Todd Lammle 7th Ed book. I have used the Custom Test Engine, the Bonus CCNA simulation practice guide ebook (really great), electronic flash cards and looked at the videos (not that in depth).
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    Hey Altjx,

I scored a 706 the first time. I had a hard time with WAN 0% and NAT & ACL 50%. The first time I scored 67% and above on the vlan, ip addressing, and routing objectives. And I scored a 748 this time. I improved the WAN to 100% and NAT & ACL to 67% but I dropped routing to 40%. My study materials are the CCNA Study Guide 7th Edition by Todd Lammle, Packet Tracer 5.3, & Measure Up ICND 2 Practice Test. I have been studying an hour or so everyday or so since my first attempt in August. I have learned a lot but not enough to pass the test. I'm going to keep studying and on second thought attempt ICND 2 again. I going to increase my vlan and routing knowledge while maintaining my ip addressing, nat and acl, and wan knowledge.
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    seansabian wrote: »
    Hey Altjx,I scored a 706 the first time. I had a hard time with WAN 0% and NAT & ACL 50%. The first time I scored 67% and above on the vlan, ip addressing, and routing objectives. And I scored a 748 this time. I improved the WAN to 100% and NAT & ACL to 67% but I dropped routing to 40%. My study materials are the CCNA Study Guide 7th Edition by Todd Lammle, Packet Tracer 5.3, & Measure Up ICND 2 Practice Test. I have been studying an hour or so everyday or so since my first attempt in August. I have learned a lot but not enough to pass the test. I'm going to keep studying and on second thought attempt ICND 2 again. I going to increase my vlan and routing knowledge while maintaining my ip addressing, nat and acl, and wan knowledge.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply man. So how comfortable were you prior to taking the exam? I'm only asking because at the moment, I feel like I'm more than ready for the test, but I've heard a few people say the same thing and didn't pass. I'm also using Packet Tracer, CBT Nuggets/TrainSignal, Boson Sim Exam, and some practice tests from around the net.

Also, if you're interested, check out the notes I've taken down while doing my studies - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2526790/CCNA%20ICND2%20Notes.pdf and commands from the entire ICND2 studies - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2526790/ICND2%20Commands.xls.

Did you feel pretty confident prior to taking it?
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • Options
    altjx wrote: »
    Gotcha, thanks for the reply man. So how comfortable were you prior to taking the exam? I'm only asking because at the moment, I feel like I'm more than ready for the test, but I've heard a few people say the same thing and didn't pass. I'm also using Packet Tracer, CBT Nuggets/TrainSignal, Boson Sim Exam, and some practice tests from around the net.

Also, if you're interested, check out the notes I've taken down while doing my studies - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2526790/CCNA%20ICND2%20Notes.pdf and commands from the entire ICND2 studies - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2526790/ICND2%20Commands.xls.

Did you feel pretty confident prior to taking it?

Hey Altjx,

Those notes are comprehensive! Thanks! Yesterday, I felt confident and ready for the exam.

I was not ready for my first ICND 2 attempt. I did not know the meaning of terms or commands. As such, I felt harassed by the clock (LOL!) and ran out of time.

I hope that helps! Not really huh?! = S
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    seansabian wrote: »
    Hey Altjx,

Those notes are comprehensive! Thanks! Yesterday, I felt confident and ready for the exam. I was simply not ready or confident for my first attempt. I did not know the meaning of terms or commands. As such, I felt harrassed by the clock (LOL!) and ran out of time.

Haha, completely understandable man! I'm really hoping I get this on the first try, as a lot of students and coworkers are looking up to me for it. I've been studying on my idle time at work, a lot of weekends and evenings, smh... I'm going to shoot for no less than 900. I've been doing pretty decent on the practice exams too, but of course learning a few other things here and there too.

I'm still in the process of studying as we speak, and won't stop until I'm waiting at the test center for 9:00 Wednesday morning. Feel free to hit me up on AIM/Yahoo if you ever want to just chat about the study material. I'm going in hard!! Lol.