Options

Anyone looking for a networking gig in San Antonio? Peek in here

instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
I turned it down, due to personal reasons, but if anyone's interested in a six-figure networking opportunity in San Antonio, PM me and I'll get you connected to the recruiting firm. The company has two openings right now. In this position, you will design, deploy, and maintain the company's networks: wireless, voip, routing/switching, and security (primarily security, but you'd be expected to work on the other stuff too). It appears to be heavy on the Cisco side. It's an internal position, with opportunities to advance. They have the need due to one of their guys moving on up in the company, and the pay is good for San Antonio.

Also, Rack Space is looking for Tier Three Network Security on Third Shift. I think I'll have to call them back tomorrow and let them know I don't want to go any further with them. They offer 10% differential on 2nd shift, and 15% differential on Third Shift. I actually prefer working third shift, believe it or not, but my next rotation at current job is third shift, so no need to change right now. I repeatedly ask for third shift, LOL. Plus we're supposed to be doing a big BGP/QOS WAN rearchitecture that I want to tinker in. If I can't stay on 2nd or third shift, then I'd probably reach out to the Rackers in the future. (I study for school better in the day time than at night.)

There's probably more out there, but I took down my resume from all the sites recently (due to personal reasons).

There was a time when I would have jumped out of my skin for a big raise, but as my mom would say "all that glitters isn't gold."
Currently Working: CCIE R&S
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)

Comments

• Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Would a CCENT qualify for either position?
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Hot diggity I want six-figures bad!

I'll get there someday.

/cries
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Two other San Antonio members in the same thread.....this is a first!
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Make that three!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I love my ginormous Alamo mug. Austin and San Antone are two places I would revisit for sure! Though I'm (lazily) trying to move down there. :)
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wonder how many more we have?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    How Expensive is the COL in San Antonio?

I was there for a conference a couple years ago, and it was a BLAST. Then again...I stayed at the new JW Marriot in Hill Country, had per diems, and everything was free...