Options

any site to calculate w2 pay scale

esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
i have an offer to do w2 work but do not know what the hourly pay should be, can anyone provide a link please.

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Alabama Hourly Paycheck Calculator | Hourly Calculator | Paycheck City

Ignore that it says Alabama in the link title, you can select your state from the drop-down.

W2 work is just like working for anyone else, you fill out a W4, and then at then come tax time, the company you're working for gives you a W2.
  • Options
    Thanks, but i guess i did a bad job of explaining what i was looking for. I will make an example simplyhired.com has a salery scale calculator we have all used it correct.

So

for contract work is what i am looking for 1099, or W2 houyrly pay scales for network engineer, system admin,...
  • Options
    For W2 work, use the salary you find on a site like salary.com (or simplyhired.com as you mentioned), then just divide the annual salary by 52, then again by 40. (52 weeks in a year, 40 hours in a work week)

Example, $100,000/yr = $48.08/hr.

For 1099 you'd probably want to add a few $/hr to whatever you decide on for a W2 rate.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Or divide the salary by 2080 and that will give you the hourly rate as well.
  • Options
    we have big difference to deal with, more than the math of a single number.

I will make a few brief examples of why a 1099 worker make more hourly than a division of a saleried worker.

basic:
    who pay health for a 1099?
    who pay health for an employee?

lets make a quick jump
    lets say you notebook needs replacing?
    a contractor, 1099 does not ask the employer to buy it right?

Lets consider paid days off
    1099 w2 contract does not get 1 paid day off not even if your sick, not new years, not Xmas.

so maybe to do simple math ok take simply hired network engineer x area = annual / weeks + 40% = hourly.

How bout if your a sys admin and you need a link runner or a DTX 1800, do you rent one or buy it.
    depends contractor or employee, then? who pays?
    you get it
  • Options
    Everyone wrote: »
    For 1099 you'd probably want to add a few $/hr to whatever you decide on for a W2 rate.

Exactly why I said that. Of course you are going to charge more for 1099.

Obviously you have it all figured out and didn't really need anyone's help.