Options

Passed SSCP

dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
Well it has been a while since I have posted on here mainly because I haven’t done an exam in nearly 2 years and secondly because I have been waist deep in compliance and governance at work. So I made the decision in Summer to go for the SSCP; been wanting to complete this for some time and finally pulled my finger out, studied and took the exam.

Location - London
Exam Date - 12 Nov
Result Date - 7 Dec
Result - Pass :)
Officially granted SSCP Designation - 17 Jan

Anybody thinking of going for this exam I can’t recommend enough reading JDMurray's experience blog (Thanks JD), it helped guide me on materials to use and formulating a plan of attack for the exam. I completed the exam in just under 2 hours completing 3 reviews of my answers.

The SSCP Certification Experience - TechExams.net IT Certification Blogs

I took the approach of completing 25 question blocks using the workbook I answered all the questions highlighting any I wasn’t 100% confident on by circling the question number, transferred the answers to the answer sheet and moved to the next 25 following the process until all 125 questions were answered, I then reviewed all questions to check my answers matched the answer sheet. Next review was all the circled answers (25) highlighting any I wasn’t 75% sure on and that got me down to 10, I reviewed and changed 2, there was nothing more I could do.

I left the test center feeling confident I had passed, I probably over prepared for the exam but as I am hoping to take the CISSP in the next 18 months this didn’t bother me.

The wait is the hardest point but I would recommend you focus your mind on something else so I took a week off and started on the VCP5 as this needs to be done by Feb next year.

Now for the endorsement process and another wait, completing the Endorsement Assistance form as I don’t know anyone to validate my experience so will update when I get this back
This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
Learning Python and OSCP

Comments

• Options
    Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dave0212,

Welcome to the (ISC)2 community.......
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats Dave!!!
  • Options
    SecurityGuru23SecurityGuru23 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Diggs3d, I see that you have passed both exams (Security+ & SSCP), I'm about to take the SSCP soon, and was just wondering what is your opinion

in terms of the level of difficulty of the SSCP compared to the Security+? I've heard mix reviews/opinions (some said it's hard awhile others say it's

slightly more difficult than Security+) from numerous people but I figured one more opinion wouldn't hurt. Any feedback is appreciated!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice. WTG Dave icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks Guys

Recieved notification of my endorsement submission today so will update on how long it takes to process. (Second Attempt)

I completely missed a section on my endorsement form as they seem to have embedded the waiver and Code of Ethics part in between Job Worksheets icon_scratch.gif

Hopefully the wait wont be to long icon_eek.gif

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    Well finally heard back on my endorsement today and very proud to say I have been granted my SSCP designation :D

Been a long process but I have enjoyed it, looking forward to completing the CISSP in the not to distant future icon_thumright.gif

I actually emailed the ISC2 requesting an update and 5 hours later received my congratulation email

Off the beer for a month hitting the gym hard so will have to wait till then to enjoy a celebratory drink drunken_smilie.gif

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello SecurityGuru23,

In terms of level of difficulty the SSCP Exam is really hard gauge. I believe if you have work related experience in each of the domains then it makes exam seem a lot easier. I guess that's why it seem a bit difficult to me, lol.....

Exam preparation:
    ISC-2 SSCP Official Guide, CBT Nuggets Video Series, Ucertify Exam Prep, JD Murray review.....

Let me know if you have any more questions.......

Hopefully this helps........