Options

Passed 640 on second attempt!

shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-640 exam this morning on my second attempt with an 850. I felt MUCH better during this test and much more prepared after seeing the exam the first time.

After failing the first time I started reading the Unleashed book but found that it wasn't really what I wanted, I wanted something with more specificity and depth about certain topics. I used technet for the alternate roles (CS, FS, RMS) and then used the 642 book to learn more about DNS. I aced the DNS section, so I would recommend that book for future test takers.

Thanks for the encouragement after my failure last month. Not sure if I am going to continue on in the MS exams, I have to do CEHv7 next and then I am not sure what I am going to do after that.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    Time to update your info.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on passing!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    lordxarlordxar Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice, congrats! Personally if you have passed that test, you should go ahead and get the next two for the SA cert at least. May as well if you've sunk study time into the 640.
  • Options
    shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I thought about taking the other 2 tests, and I may at some point. I am required to do the CEH next, so that will take me more down the route I want to go with my career. I am not sure if having an SA will really be too important, but I suppose it could not hurt.