Options

Inventory Tracking software for multilocation small business - HELP

Dryst999Dryst999 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
So my company just got a pretty big contract with a hospital that will require a ton of equipment moving from the corporate office to many different remote locations. Our current ticketing/monitoring system does not possess the logistic capibilities that we are needing so right now I have everything located on one huge spreadsheet. I desperately need to find some software that can meet my needs before I pull my hair out...

Inventory moves as follows....
We put in order for equipment > Hospital approves equipment and orders, it gets shipped to us > we tag equipment with hospital assett tag then deliver to clinic

The problem becomes rotating out our spare equipment pool and trying to keep track of which equipment went where... it's an absolute logistics nightmare with as much stuff we are moving.

What I would like to find..
Software that has an intuitive interface. I can create preset units (ie, optiplex 990) then associate the unit with an asset tag/serial number and then put it in a location. I'd like to then be able to move that hardware unit with a simple drag/drop or some other easy functionality inside the interface.

Say I have the following locations setup in the DB
Corporate Office > Disabled Hardware > Clinic A > Clinic B..... if I had a defective unit in Clinic A, I could simple find the asset tag on the machine then drag/drop the unit into the "Disabled Hardware" location, kind of like AD.

This would mean that when my shipments come in it would take me a few hours to input them into the DB but then afterwards it would be a breeze to relocate them. It also has to have reporting capabilities so I can keep our client up to date.

Can anyone recommend any software that could do this that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? I would only need 1 license and would like to keep the cost under a grand if possible. Any and ALL suggestions will be greatly appeciated!

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Take a look at OpenERP - Open Source Business Applications

Their ERP solution has an inventory module that might fit your needs.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might also check out Track-IT! by Numara software. It works great for companies with multiple sites. Nice tabs for purchasing, library, inventory, and help desk call tracking.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ServiceDesk Plus can do that and more. Setup is a breeze. You can define sites and reallocate assets with a couple of clicks. It also tracks hardware and software changes and reports back home. The reporting engine is very granular.

Help Desk Software, IT Helpdesk Tool - ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Check and see if the hospital already has an ERP system before looking into another one. If they have one already, see if it has an inventory module that will fit their needs.
  • Options
    jhonklokjhonklok Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you go for small scale business so you need to make inventory accordingly so its really easy if you get the whole thing clear at once. Then if you start on preparing inventories then it would be much simpler to get in it perfect.
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't see any reason (thinking from the perspective of a small business) why a spreadsheet can't do what you want?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?