Options

Entry-level IT jobs will be plentiful in 2012, experts predict

djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
This was a breath of fresh air for me to read. Hopefully it's true.

[h=1]Entry-level IT jobs will be plentiful in 2012, experts predict[/h]
WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed

Comments

• Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Good article... I hope it ends up being true. Thanks for the post.
  • Options
    adml_shakeadml_shake Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "It was $47,000 in 2010"

Sounds like my boss and I need to have a little chat! Thats WAAAAAAAAYYYYY below what I was being paid as an entry level IT tech at a consulting firm!! Now I'm a mid level tech at a larger enterprise and that's still a good chunk more than what I'm being paid!
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Personally, I'd take that with a pinch of salt. The things about predictions is that they have a 50% chance of being right (that also means that they have a 50% chance of being wrong).
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Ignore that garbage. There are way too many things to factor in when considering salary.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    djfunz wrote: »
    This was a breath of fresh air for me to read. Hopefully it's true.

Entry-level IT jobs will be plentiful in 2012, experts predict

Hopefully that doesn't just apply to entry level either. Hopefully it translates to other levels as well.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    To me the important thing to read into was that entry level work was becoming more available. The money in the beginning is relatively unimportant for me. The main thing is finding a good company to develop. Given the state of the economy for the past three years, I'm still optimistic after reading this. :)
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    baseball1988baseball1988 Member Posts: 119
    The more opportunities in IT the better.

Looking forward to 2012! and the year of Summer Olympics!!
  • Options
    stiltnerstiltner Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There's going to be A LOT of Healthcare based IT jobs. That market is going to explode. It was virtually relegated to the hospitals themselves, or larger providers congregations.

Now, even the single doctor office with him and his nurse are going to need some type of IT interaction and assistance. There's so many changes in that field that its absolutely immeasureable. I wouldn't be surprised though if a lot of those jobs get contracted out. It does however signal a new direction for IT and a very emerging market to tap.

I wouldn't write this off as bunk, I wouldn't take it as gospel either, but I hope that trend goes the same in all facets of the economy. America needs to get back to work, not 99 weeks of bumming it, but good hard, blood, sweat and tears work. It's what we pride ourselves on, it shames me that so many in our society have fallen away from that.