Options

Passed Net+ with a 780 today, opinions within

extremesanityextremesanity Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was knocking out practice tests left and right averaging 95% and so I thought I would ace this thing.

Once I started the test, I really started to sweat. I really disliked how poorly the questions were worded and how lacking in specific details they were. There were many times when I thought there could be multiple answers for a question based on circumstances not clarified in the question. I decided to anticipate what I thought CompTIA wanted to hear, which is the same approach I used in college to pass poorly designed tests.

There were also quite a few more obscure, out-dated technology questions on there than I expected.

I am glad that I passed, and actually was rather suprised it was by that large of a margin. You must know the material very well, and you must be scoring perfect on the practice tests. You must read the questions very, very carefully, and anticipate the answers that they want.

Where should I go from here? I was thinking about picking up iNet,Security,Linux and then moving on to CCNA and maybe microsoft.

Comments

• Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    Grats on the pass, I took the test today as well.

I agree completely that there were more than one, in fact I'll use the term "several" poorly worded scenarios. I very much shared your frustration in that, but hopefully the new test is much better in that respect.

The first 25 or so questions were all troubleshooting scenarios, so after first 5 questions which at first glance seemed difficult, I began getting nervous too. From 25 on though it was simple and straightforward general questions which I breezed on through. Seems they want to psyche you out early in the test =P

The out of date stuff I was expecting, and actually played that to my advantage as Token Ring and Coax scenarios are fairly simple imo.

As far as where to go next, I'm planning to take Security, Server, and Linux+, but I'm going to complete my MCSA first. Then probably pick up the rest of my Comptia's as a sort of "break" before going back to the grind and finishing up my MCSE. Seems to me that this will give me the greatest opportunity to be able to get into the field and get experience while testing. Good luck with whatever you go after. :D
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you both!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats! Congrats! Sounds like a good plan to go for MCSA, then some Comptia, then move on to MCSE.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    NPA24 wrote:
    Congrats to you both!

icon_cool.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.