Options

Passed

BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
Scored an 833, which I was sufficiently pleased with.

Points as I remember them:

-OSI, topologies, and physical media are a given. Know them.
-Know your ports... well.
-Familiarize yourself with every protocol you can find - especially the lesser known ones like NTP, NNTP, etc. Then even if you're not 100% sure about a question, you can use process of elimination. This saved me on more than one question.
-Read as many troubleshooting scenarios as you can, as this is basically half (maybe even 60-65%) of the test.

Materials used:
Mike Myers All in One - 2005 revision.
Yeah. I didn't even check to see what objectives this covered when I bought it. Figured most books come out months after the new tests premiere, so... icon_redface.gif Good for Mike for being ahead of the game. Anywho, I found there to be a ton of fluff in this book (especially since I was taking the 2002 test) but if you really are a novice and want to learn about networking, and not just cram for the test, it is an excellent source.

Network+ Certification Course v.3.0 Study Manual by Savant Publishing.
Got this from the local tech college. They use it to teach their Network+ course. I found it useful, but if you had to buy it flat out there's probably better out there. It also came with a set of exam practice questions, which are always useful.

Self Test Software - used their practice test. (Has anyone used both this and Transcender and can compare the two?)

and the tech notes from this site of course. Great stuff, wish there was a set for every single test out there. icon_lol.gif

Now it's on to 70-270. Picked up my Exam Cram on the way home. icon_wink.gif[/b]

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Congrats, you scored the same as me when I went for my certificaiton exam icon_cool.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done icon_wink.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    nice one mate, same score as me :D
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, nice use of your study materials.
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    congrats...woo...so high marks...i got really low marks but what matter is that i passed...Thanks to this great forum and people here