Options

have you ever heard about Fort Hays University?

I saw this college on geteducated and it's number one on their best buy online degree ranking. Is it a good online school? Is it reputable?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I've been slowly working on their Bachelor of Science in Information Networking and Telecommunications for a few years now. I will graduate in May. Feel free to ask anything.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    It's a state school in Kansas-- you can't get much more reputable than that. Tuition's reasonable, as you noticed. I seem to recall them having flexible admissions and transfer policies as well, but don't quote me on that.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a B&M school with lots of online programs. Low tuition. Only drawback I saw was they required higher than ACE standard scores for some CLEP credits.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I've been slowly working on their Bachelor of Science in Information Networking and Telecommunications for a few years now. I will graduate in May. Feel free to ask anything.

I like the fact that Fort Hays is a B&M school. But I still hesitate between WGU and Fort Hays.

WGU Pros:
    1. All the certifications are included in the degree.
    2. It's Competency based (faster)
    3. Really flexible
    4. Fully Accredited & non-profit
    5. Low tuition

WGU Cons:
    1. Completely online (some employer might see that as a lack of credibility)
    2. You're almost completely on your own (You have to be really self-motivated)
    3. It's competency based (Not easy to transfer)

Fort Hays Pros:
    1. It's a B&M state school (better recognized by employer)
    2. Credit/hour based (more transferable)
    3. they are offering Completely online degrees
    4. Low tuition (lower than WGU)
    5. Non-profit state university

Fort Hays cons:
    1. Not as flexible as WGU (But I'm not sure)
    2. No certs included
    3. You have to assist to classes (credit hour based)
    4. takes longer to finish than WGU

Help I'm confused.

PS: I'm a 24, I've been working in IT for more than 3 years and I have an assiciate's degree in IT. I'm not certified yet.
  • Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    I finally chose WGU over Fort Hays because of all the certifications. But it was a tough decision.
  • Options
    CiscoKiddCiscoKidd Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    phaneuf1 wrote: »
    I finally chose WGU over Fort Hays because of all the certifications. But it was a tough decision.

Good Luck with your studies!!