Options

Question on Net+ exam

corey1980corey1980 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just finished up my studies using LearnKey CBT's and the study guide from this site. I then purchased the trancendor practice test questions. On the first test I scored a 71%. This surprised me a lot because I felt very comfortable with the content. However, I noticed while taking the test there were a few questions that I don't ever remember seeing on any of my study materials. Does CompTIA throw these kind of questions into their tests or does Transcedor try to over prepare you so you do well on the actual exam? Just wondering because I was about ready to enroll for my exam but 71% on my 1st practice exam isn't going to cut it.

Comments

• Options
    Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your best bet would bo to go to www.comptia.org and download the objectives. Look at them and make sure everything you have studied revolves around the objectives.
    Good Luck!
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Options
    gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed for something similar in some practice exam I do better than in other. So try all the free pratice exam that you can. When you feel comfortable schedule the test.

I used Exam Cram 2, tech notes of this site and the study guide from study for less. I passed the exam with 873 score.

Good Luck
  • Options
    ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Gabilan how similar were your questions on the test as opposed to the exam cram 2 book. I noticed on A+ the questions on the test didn't seem to be quite like the ones on the A+ examcram book. I am sooo undecided on what material to use. Mike Myers, trancender, exam cram? any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think the Sybex book to be the best way to prepare for the Network+

You'll wind up being overprepared, but that's a good thing.

A home lab is very helpful. Three computers and a low-end switch would probably suffice. They can even be old Pentiums running NT - shouldn't cost much.
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Go for Sybex and exan cram 2, the best options in my opinion, have bought the Sybex 70-290 for the Windows 2003 Server exam, so I stick to the same method of study, Microsoft are not so usre freindly.

:Dicon_cool.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The type of question you find in practice exam are similar to the real exam. But the troubleshooting and implementation questions not and these are the most that you will find in the exam. Exam Cram for me was very helpful. Note I have 2 years of network experience.