Options

Help! AD RMS and AD FS study

Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed the 640 last week and am retaking it tomorrow....I did really bad on the additional AD roles section, but I'm not finding alot of useful information in the book i've been using (Sybex the complete study guide MCTS Windows 2008 R2). Are there any online exercises or lab guides that I can use in my lab environment ot get a better feel for these? The microsoft technet articles seems to be alot of conceptual information where the test was asking very specific questions...

Comments

• Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tommy_D wrote: »
    I failed the 640 last week and am retaking it tomorrow....I did really bad on the additional AD roles section, but I'm not finding alot of useful information in the book i've been using (Sybex the complete study guide MCTS Windows 2008 R2). Are there any online exercises or lab guides that I can use in my lab environment ot get a better feel for these? The microsoft technet articles seems to be alot of conceptual information where the test was asking very specific questions...

I've heard that Sybex book does not go into enough detail for the test. Might want to get another source for your studies if Technet isn't enough. Did you try the sticky on here? Maybe your library has some better books mine came in handy for my CCNA.
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I can confirm I'm not impressed with this Sybex book. I suppose if I fail it again I will get a different book...
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tommy_D wrote: »

Try the Server 2008 R2 unleashed book. Lots of detail, with some labs you can go through.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used the MS Press book, and I did just fine on that section of 70-648 (half of which covers the majority of the 70-640 material). I also have the Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book, and while it is a good book, I don't feel that it's written to be a comprehensive guide to the MCTS exams that are a subset of MCITP:EA and SA. Still, it's definitely a good compliment to other preparation material.

If you still have time, read the Technet articles on AD RMS and AD FS. They are a good, in-depth source of information, even if they are not intended to be study material for MCTS exams.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340