Options

Took Net+ Today (6/10/03)

DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
873/900

Needless to say I'm pretty happy :)

Study materials included my Network Fundamentals class that I had to take for my Associates degree (didn't cover the entire exams objectives though), the Coriolis Network+ Exam Cram (liked it for the questions, and for use as a quick refresher before the test), this sites Tech Notes and Practice Exam, and the Transcender Net+ software. The Transcender stuff absolutely rocks for simulating the exam situation, and it's got a pretty respectable question database. Other than stuff like cabling lengths and well known port numbers (which are a given), none of my study materials contained any questions that were actually on the exam, but they certainly helped me come at the exam from the right perspective. To anyone going to take the exam sometime soon, I have two pieces of advice - 1. Read each question CAREFULLY. 2. Learn how to seperate the information you need from the chaff in the question.

A+ next month :)
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    WTG , great score
    also the A+ is much easier than the net+

if i were you i would do the OS part of the A+ first because it also deals with networking more than the CORE
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats Drakonblayde!
    ghaouf wrote:
    if i were you i would do the OS part of the A+ first because it also deals with networking more than the CORE
    This is not correct, networking is a large part of the A+ Core exam, and will be even much larger for the 2003 objectives.

www.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.asp
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Oh, I plan to sneak in the A+ before they upgrade the test hehe. I'm actually more worried about the A+ than the Net+ because the damned thing is adaptive. Otoh, I've only been playing with hardware for oh 12 years or so, so I'm pretty sure I can pass 'em. I'd take 'em this week if cash allowed for it, being a poor college student sucks ;) After A+ I'll go ahead and get my MCSA since Net+ and A+ count for elective credit. Then I'll start worrying about CCNA hehe.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=