CompTIA Cloud Essentials

CompTIA Cloud Essentials

I don't know how popular this is as it is pretty new I think. Anyone here ever challenge this? I wonder if it's worth challenging and what kind of knowledge would be gained...
IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
(Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
Required:
SBT1 RGT1 RIT1

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CoolAsAFan wrote: »
    CompTIA Cloud Essentials

I don't know how popular this is as it is pretty new I think. Anyone here ever challenge this? I wonder if it's worth challenging and what kind of knowledge would be gained...

Never heard of it...
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    There is now an e-book option that is only 32 bucks (ElementK). I work in cloud technology so I might take this though I believe it is not a highly technical cert and fairly basic. The advantage is that the cloud is hot and the cert is relatively unknown so it may add more value to a resume than it actually deserves. HR folks rarely understand these things in my experience and it isnt unusual to find an occasional IT manager that falls under the same category. It should honestly provide you with enough background information that you can speak inteligently on the subject.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • lordmorgothlordmorgoth Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is now an e-book option that is only 32 bucks (ElementK).
    I couldn't find it on the ElementK website, can you post a link to the e-book, please?
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently purchased the Syngress Cloud Security (secuiring the cloud) book and also the Cloud Computing Bible and Cloud Computing Explained. I printed off the Cloud cert objectives from CompTIA and basically matched them against the contents of my books. I am hopeful that one day I can sit the cert using these as the Itprenuers seems a bit steep for my liking as far as their learning packages go.

It is worth checking the vendors who are current <to my knowledge administering cloud certs> below details some for you:

CompTIA Cloud Essentials

Cloud Certified Professional (CCP) - CloudSchool.com - Certifications - Certified Cloud Technology Professional

Cloud Computing Courses

the Council has three main objectives

Hope this helps:)
    The Wings of Technology
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    what title do you receive after passing CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam?
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking of this one as well. But, I am still on the fence. At $191 and only 50 Qs Max..Its a hard cert to swallow. 720/900 to pass.
    The book for it on amazon is still on pre order, $31.50. not available until Oct. 2013. The book link below
    So, now its $200+ for an "entry" cert. If I get go for it...It will be after the book is released.
    Or, get the objectives and hunt for the information on the net.

CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification Study Guide (Exam CL0-001) (Certification Press): Robert Shimonski: 9780071800433: Amazon.com: Books
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sat for Cloud Essentials last week, and passed. It's not a tricky exam, but not easy either. It's a great introduction to cloud concepts like virtualization considerations, all the basics on the various "as as service" models, and even covers some ITIL Foundations. I used "Cloud Essentials: CompTIA Authorized Courseware for Exam CLO-001" by Cook, Sampaio, and Hausman, and the Cloud Essentials practice exams on UCertify. The book is truly a great resource to prepare for the exam, but lacks a lot of practice questions which is why I went with UCertify to verify I was learning the material. I'd also studied and taken the ITIL Foundations exam previously, and some of that training actually had helped prepare for some topics in this exam.

All in all with the exam price and study materials I probably spent about $300 bucks. To some that may seem a bit pricey for being such a basic exam, but a good foundation to validate foundational knowledge. Honestly, my boss paid for the ITIL Foundations training I'd had previously, and that was about $2000 for probably about the same level exam. So, $300 ain't so unreasonable in that light.
    [h=1][/h]
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im planning to take this exam in October or November at most. I already have Cloud Essentials: CompTIA Authorized Courseware for Exam CLO-001: Kirk Hausman, Susan L. Cook, Telmo Sampaio: 9781118408735: Amazon.com: Books As an IT Manager its important to have some Cloud Computing knowledge under the belt. It could help me in the future if I decided to look for senior jobs in bigger organizations.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • KatiushaKatiusha Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gabypr, did toy get a chance to take the exam?
    I am thinking of taking the exam, but not sure if it's worth it. Would appreciate your advice, thoughts, opinions :)