Options

Passed 70-640!

elususelusus Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
With a score of 775

Wanted to give credit to where its due! I probably wouldn't have passed on my first try without everyone's contribution in this forum, most notably lodxar. I took everyone's advice to heart and studied my ass off.

I had 3 Powershell questions, 2 were in relations to enabling Active Directory Recycle Bin and how to find out if it was enabled.

My advice for future test takers, study up on some powershell commands, learn DNS(I would read up the DNS section on the 70-642 book) and AD CS! Some of the questions I had weren't covered in the book, but were on technet. I used the 70-640 MS Press Book, and started on Sybex book for a 2nd material, but quit halfway and read technet, focusing on the sections on the Server Roles (AD CS, RMS, LDS, FS).

70-642 is next!

Comments

• Options
    shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

We used very similar studying methods, I also quit a second book in favor of technet after first reading the MS Press Book.

The advice you gave is EXACTLY what I would recommend also.

Good job!
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Nice Job icon_lol.gif
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    lordxarlordxar Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glad to be of assistance and congrats! Though I'm a little jealous you only took one swing at it...icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Passing on ur 1st attempt. Im reading the 70-640 MS press book and it's a bore! Did the 70-642 first and really found that interesting compared to this. So you'll breeze thru the next exam!!!
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Passing on ur 1st attempt. Im reading the 70-640 MS press book and it's a bore! Did the 70-642 first and really found that interesting compared to this. So you'll breeze thru the next exam!!!

A bore is putting it nicely. I can't believe how bad this book is to be honest. Not to mention the first 6-7 chapters are of things that are very simple to do so that made it even worse.
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Passing, Welcome to 642 seekers world :D