Options

Creating Network Diagram with VRF...help!

pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
I'm been trying to find a good way of creating a network diagram with VRF that makes sense, and everything I've come up with so far looks like crap!

Anyone have experience or examples of network diagrams that shows how devices connects to one another within the same device? What I mean is that we have 6509's with FWSM, ACE modules, so traffic comes in on one vlan/VRF, gets routed to the FWSM, which then routes it back out a different vlan/VRF...things of that nature. A lot of the routing occurs within the 6509, and we have devices with 20-30 vlan interfaces, and 5-10 vrfs so it's been a headache trying to find a way to diagram this in a way that makes sense

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need a logical diagram. I have some diagrams with similar situations in which I'll have a multilayer switch represented on the diagram in multiple locations. You have to be careful to represent the switch in such a way the it is understood by those looking at the diagram that each one actually represents one physical device. I'm not big on using all the fancy icons. I like to use boxes, ovals, circle, and squares of varying colors to represent different devices. They are much easier to label because the text can fit nicely in a box with out crossing any of the lines present in the icons. Sometimes less is more.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ...and with that I just realized I deleted all the BGP diagrams I just created for my BGP labs yesterday. icon_evil.gif