Options

DMVPN Help

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Ok so I am working on an issue with DMVPN and OSPF. Here is the topology:

Router 1 is the DMVPN hub and R2 and R3 are the spokes. Router2 and Router3 are an HSRP pair. Behind them is the 192.168.1.0/24network. Behind the R1 device is a 10.0.0.0/24 network. What I am trying to do is have R2 and R3 both have tunnels to R2. I have R1 as the primary path and if the tunnel goes down R3 should take over the gateway ip on the lan side and take over the traffic. It works fine when I have only one connection (R1 to R2) but as soon as I add R3 things break. I am trying to tried a few things (adding different weights to the routers, disabling split horizon) but it didn't work. My only thought is to try to share the tunnel itself between the two and have to hsrp sessions going (one on the inside and one on the outside) or I could just be doing this wrong. Does anyone have any experience with this?

EDIT:
Ok I figured out what's wrong but I don't know how to solve it. I have OSPF issues. Looks like my adjacencies were resetting. I think that the best thing to do would be cluster the two routers together or figure out whether or not they should be stub areas or not.

EDIT:

I see this is no longer a DMVPN problem, it is a me screwing up the routing problem.

EDIT: I am an idiot. Tunnel = point to point link. Once I changed the ospf network type to point to multipoint it is working as it should. My next step is to add another hub to the mix. :)