Options

640 Scheduled for Decembe 31

PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
Went ahead and scheduled the exam. I've been studying for it for several months now. I've done the following to prepare:

Read through most of the Server 2008 R2 unleashed book
Went through the 640/642 parts of the Sybex book.
Read through the MS 640 book.
Went through the LabSim modules and practice exams.
Labbed through all the exam objectives at least once.
Going through technet now, looking up those little details on server roles, etc.

I've mostly focused on DNS, CS, and the newer features of Server 2008 R2. I feel fairly comfortable with AD, GPOs, etc.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    longhorn79longhorn79 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck !!!!

I think you'll be just fine. You seem well prepared cant wait to hear the news next year, lol !
    2012/2013 Certification Goals:
    ICND1: Work in progress
    ICND2: depends on ICND1
    70-640 AD: if I have time
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Seem to be as ready as you'll ever be. Just remember your Powershell commands and you'll be just fine. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Update: Passed today with 775. Had 50 questions covering most of the objectives. Definitely glad I spent extra time on the CLI commands and cert services.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had just no doubt that you'd pass. Congrats!! On to the 642 next? Though I know you'll blow the 642 out the water, but I'd suggest labbing up DNS and GPO's as much as you can.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    I had just no doubt that you'd pass. Congrats!! On to the 642 next? Though I know you'll blow the 642 out the water, but I'd suggest labbing up DNS and GPO's as much as you can.

I have to get a couple of humanities courses done first, then I'm going to tackle the 642. I've been studying for the 642 along with the 640, so hopefully I can get it done in a couple of months. 646 after that.