Request for help from all people who have passed or are preparing for GCIA Sec 503

suparn777suparn777 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I am currently preparing for GCIA Sec 503 exam.I am taking the help from TCP/IP Illustrated (which is the best book as per majority of people) and also working on learning tcpdump and trying to improve on analysis of intrusion events.

I am not that financially strong. Hence i am taking the challenge exam path from GIAC which costs 900$.
That money also i would save for sometime and then collect so you can analyze my financial position.

I have 2 years of IT Experience in Active directory, Messaging and Information security (Present).
I have a bunch of certs like MCSE+Security,CCNA,CCNA Security and CompTIA Security+ which i have given by pure hard work and studies. :)

However i am a little concerned. What else should i learn and how else do i improve my knowledge?? I really wish to do very well in my first attempt of GCIA.

Hence please help me and any valuable feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    suparn777 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I am currently preparing for GCIA Sec 503 exam.I am taking the help from TCP/IP Illustrated (which is the best book as per majority of people) and also working on learning tcpdump and trying to improve on analysis of intrusion events.

I am not that financially strong. Hence i am taking the challenge exam path from GIAC which costs 900$.
    That money also i would save for sometime and then collect so you can analyze my financial position.

I have 2 years of IT Experience in Active directory, Messaging and Information security (Present).
    I have a bunch of certs like MCSE+Security,CCNA,CCNA Security and CompTIA Security+ which i have given by pure hard work and studies. :)

However i am a little concerned. What else should i learn and how else do i improve my knowledge?? I really wish to do very well in my first attempt of GCIA.

Hence please help me and any valuable feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

I think you should stop stressing about this exam, take six months over it so you have absorbed the material properly at your own pace and have a Merry Christmas.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • suparn777suparn777 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ Turgaon : Yes i am taking my own time and will most probably prepare for next six months and only then give the exam when i am fully prepared for it.
    @ docrice : When i first started learning about GCIA SANS and TE were the first sites which I thoroughly researched.I checked out GCIA passed and it was very helpful. For those quizzes i did not do very well in them and hence I know my weak points and i am working towards it now. Thanks a lot

Guys if you find anything else helpful do let me know. Smallest to smallest advise can help me for these exams. Thanks a lot guys. I luv TE :)

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year to all of you. May all of you achieve your dreams in coming years. Have fun :)