Options

Is there any use for applying jobs which require more experince

mirror51mirror51 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have seen many jobs where they say x number of years experience required.
But i don't have cisco experince but i have 3 years web + Sys admin experince.

i want to ask that is there any use for applying jobs which say that 2-3 years experince required. Will they give me chnace or not.

Luckily in my two previous jobs , they also asked for preevious experience required but go jobs because they were in hurry.

So can this happen in cisco as well.

Becasue i hardly see any job where they say enetry level person required.

or i can tell them in interview that they can put me in Entry position

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think your issue is that the whole Cisco networking thing isn't really that entry level. Sure you can get some NOC jobs etc, but most pure Cisco/networking gigs are held by people who worked their way up through roles like help desk etc.

As far as applying anyway, go ahead. Worst case scenario they won't hire you. Nothing to lose really.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I agree that it never hurts to apply for a job, even if you fall short of the requirements. But as networker said, pure Cisco/networking gigs are held by people with quiet a bit of experience.

With that being said, I did apply for a senior level position at Juniper when my experience was really lacking. The job required a minimum of 7 years experience, I had 1.5 years of experience. However, I was able to get the job after I proved my abilities during the 9 or so interviews. And I'm sure having first JNCIE helped too. :)

So, if you feel that you have the skill to do the job but lack the required experience, apply anyways. You might just get lucky. :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender