Routing TCP/IP book reviews needed

Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I want to buy these two books does anybody read these books already(I need serious help). I heard that these are good to enhance knowledge.

Routing_TCP/IP_by_Jeff_Doyle_Volume_I
Routing_TCP/IP_by_Jeff_Doyle_Volume_II

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I think there is a second edition for Volume I, but both books are great resources, maybe a little over the top for the CCNA level but the books are amazing and definitely worth the purchase.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've read them both and they are must reads for anyone seriously into routing. They go into a lot of detail so probably not the best books to start out with. They are a bit old so you may not find some of the newer features, but these lay a great foundation on the routing protocols down to the bit level.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree both of these are a must if you want an indepth look at routing.. V1 has a 2nd edition that is an easy read surprisely.
  • Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    steve086: I am going to look for the ccnp route exam as early as possible but my friends advised me to first go through these books for a start.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both of those books are good enough to buy them twice. They are flat out amazing. True Story. I've got copies at home and at work.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    What previous background do you have with Cisco? I've read both of these book well after I did my CCNP and learned a lot of new things. They will definitely leap you forward with routing knowledge. You will also want do a bit labbing on the ROUTE topics as well.

I took the old BCSI not the ROUTE, after looking at the exam objectives those books should cover 90% of the material maybe rely on Cisco.com or the official cert book for the rest (VPN/GRE)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS